Certificate of Deposit
Make your money make more money.
Our Certificates of Deposit (CDs) offer guaranteed yields, flexibility, and the security of FDIC insurance. Know exactly what return you’ll get and when you’ll get it.
Protect your large deposits with CDARS
What is CDARS?
With our No Limit CDs program through the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARSSM), large deposits can now be placed by Wolf River Community Bank into smaller denomination CDs at multiple institutions. It is the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy access to full FDIC insurance on large deposits.
Less hassle, more protection
- One Bank
Everything is handled through Wolf River Community Bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the CDARS network. Those banks issue CDs in amounts that fall under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your entire investment is eligible for FDIC protection.
- One Rate
You earn one rate on your entire investment – so you can forget about multiple rates and multiple disbursement checks.
- One Statement
You receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned, and other details.
This service can offer you significant benefits:
- Safety of FDIC insurance for large deposits
- CD interest
- Management Convenience
- Security of working with a trusted, local source
How does CDARS work?
- You enter into one agreement. You sign one simple Deposit Placement Agreement with Wolf River Community Bank.
- You select an interest rate and maturity. Based on our current CD options, you agree to a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS, we submit your funds for placement at member banks.
- CDs are issued. Member banks issue CDs in amounts under the FDIC maximum, so your entire investment is eligible for full FDIC coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You will receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
Want to Learn More?
To open a CD, or to get started with our No Limit CDs program, please visit one of our branch locations or contact a banker at 920-779-7000.