Certificate of Deposit
We Have A Certificate of Deposit That’s Right For You
Our Certificates of Deposits offer guaranteed yields, flexibility, and the safety of FDIC insurance. That’s because you lock in a high yield that’s guaranteed from the day you open the account until the day it matures. You know exactly what return you’ll get and when you’ll get it.
We offer Certificates of Deposit in a broad range of maturities, each designed with a particular goal in mind. And, for as little as $1000, you can open your own CD.
A Great Service for Large Deposit Investors
What is CDARS?
With our No Limit CDs program through the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARSSM), large deposits can now be placed by Hawthorn Bank into smaller denomination CD’s at multiple institutions. It is the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy access to full FDIC insurance on large deposits.
Why is that?
- ONE BANK
Everything is handled through Wolf River Community Bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the CDARS network. Those banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your entire investment is eligible for FDIC protection.
- ONE RATE
You earn one rate on your entire investment – so you can forget about multiple rates and multiple disbursement checks.
- ONE STATEMENT
You receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned, and other details.
This service can offer you significant benefits:
- Safety of FDIC insurance for large deposits
- CD interest
- Management Convenience
- Security of working with a trusted, local source
How does CDARS work?
- You enter into one agreement. You sign one simple Deposit Placement Agreement with Wolf River Community Bank.
- You select an interest rate and maturity. Based on our current CD options, you agree to a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS, we submit your funds for placement at member banks.
- CDs are issued. Member banks issue CDs in amounts under the FDIC maximum, so your entire investment is eligible for full FDIC coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You will receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
Want to Learn More?
Having your funds placed in the No Limit CDs program through CDARS couldn’t be easier or more convenient. To get started, please call our Hortonville Office at 779-7000 or our New London Office at 982-0055 or stop by Wolf River Community Bank today to speak to one of our customer service representatives. We would be happy to assist you.